Sunday, August 5, 2012

Usain Bolt -Fastest Man

LONDON – Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world. Again.
Bolt won the 100m and the 200m in grand style. All the talk about him falling off his elite pace and being outclassed by fellow Jamaican Yohan Blake was all rubbish as he proved that he is still the man to beat. Bolt outraced the 21-year-old Blake to grap Gold yet again in an Olympic-record 9.63 seconds to Blake’s 9.75. Justin Gatlins of the The United States grabbed bronze with 9.79. Bolt has now run the three fastest 100 meters in history.
The starting point as captured on telly. Having been a sprinter for years now, he is been able to overcome his starting point error of panic beginning and leaving the block before the gun shot.
In the Beijing Olympic in 2008,, Usain Bolt won a gold medal after running 100meters in 9.69 seconds. He broke a world record and managed to show off some personality to boot. He was just 21 years and he celebrated on the field. When he capped his blistering win in the 100 meters with his now-famous
"to-the-world"
pose, it was as if he was saying,
"Shoot for the moon
," because anything – even a 9.7secs in 100 meters – is possible. The United States had a superb showing in the qualifying rounds with former 100-meter world record holder Tyson Gay, former Olympic gold medalist Gatlin, and young star Ryan Bailey all winning their heats. Gatlin followed up with a very strong 9.82 seconds in the preliminary round – faster than both Bolt and Blake. Gay and Bailey both qualified at 9.90 and 9.96, respectively. Gatlin impressed the most in making his Olympic return after a four-year ban from track and field for doping violations. Meanwhile, Gay’s career has been devoured by various injuries, despite at one time holding the 100-meter world record and being the only non-Jamaican sprinter in the world to beat Bolt in the event. He was derailed in July 2011 by hip surgery, then surprised with some respectable pre-Olympic trials races and once again looked to be a factor with his times on Saturday. Well despite strong U.S. performances in the heats, Bolt and Blake were far and away the front-runners in the 100 meters, with Bolt coming in as the world record holder in the event at 9.58 seconds. Actually Blake shocked the world last month when he edged Bolt out in Jamaican Olympic qualifying, winning 9.86 to 9.88secs. Bolt heaped praise on Blake afterward, affirming Blake as a legitimate threat to dethrone him at the Olympics and the next world class sprinter from
Jamaican Sprint factory.
Blake did nothing to dispel that thought in the heats, winning his first round and semifinal runs at 10-flat and 9.85 seconds. But Bolt may have looked even better, dialing back his speed significantly in both of his runs and coasting into the final at 10.09 and 9.87 seconds. In both of Bolt’s runs, he appeared to begin shutting down as far as 30 meters out while his competitors were forced to push through the finish line.
The Jamaicans started out with a strong trio with Asafa Powell, the supreme talent who has continually flashed gold-medal speed but played second-fiddle to Bolt in international meets. It was thought that Powell would challenge for the top of the podium in the Beijing 2008 Games, but he sputtered in the final, finishing fifth. Powell was strong again in his heats in London, winning his first-round heat at 10.04 and finishing third in his semifinal with a 9.94 that earned him a qualifying slot for the medal round. But he missed out with a pull because he slowed down few seconds after take off finishing in 11secs.
Bolt secured the legendary status he craved by becoming the first man ever to win the Olympic sprint double twice in succession on an historic night in London. Aithough His winning time of 19.32 seconds in the 200m was outside his world record of 19.19secs, he is still considered a legend for winning triple gold in Beijing and defending his 100m title here on Sunday. Well, the Jamaican insisted he also had to retain his 200m title to achieve such status. The 25-year-old became the first man to win the Olympic sprint double twice in succession. In this race, he led a Jamaican clean sweep ahead of 100m silver medallist Yohan Blake and Warren Weir - both of whom are just 22 - in second and third place respectively. After sealing the double-double, Bolt told BBC1:
"This is what I wanted and I got it. I'm very proud of myself. I had a rough season, I came out here and I did what I had to do. We've been working hard all season. We pushed ourselves, we pushed each other and we're happy."
When he was asked if he could have had a world record in the 200m race, Bolt added:
"I think it was possible...but I guess I wasn't fit enough. I was fast but I wasn't fit enough. "I came off the corner, I could feel the strain on my back a little bit so I was trying to keep my form, but I stopped running because I knew it wasn't going to be a world record. When I came off the corner I could feel it. "It was hard. I really dedicated [myself] to my work, I know what London meant to me. I came here and I gave it my all and I'm proud of myself. "I didn't get a world record - I really wanted to do it in the 200m - but I'm happy."
Blake said:
"Usain Bolt has been motivating me all season. Everything has been going good so far."
Third-placed Weir added:
"It's a great honour to come here and do what the country wanted, to get the top three. The love in London is very, very good."

No comments: